As The Crafty Oiler, I enjoy making gifts for my friends and family - whatever their age. Essential oils are so versatile too! You don't need to gift an entire bottle of oil. Here are a few of my favorite essential oil recipes for gift ideas.
1 ounce beeswax
1 ounce coconut oil
1/2 ounce shea butter
1/2 ounce cocoa butter OR mango butter
20 drops of Peppermint essential oil
10 drops of Wild Orange essential oil
Change the scent (taste too!) by using a variety of essential oils.
Tip: If you want a harder lip balm add an additional half ounce of beeswax. For a softer lip balm, add an additional half ounce of coconut oil.
- Line up empty containers. This is super important and you will learn why. If using lip balm sticks, make sure they are twisted down.
- Measure butters and oils (not essential oils yet) and place in a glass or ceramic dish.
- Fill a large saucepan with a few inches of water - like a double boiler.
- Place your jar with butters and oils in the center of the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir every few minutes until ingredients are melted and combined.
- Once beeswax and butters are melted, remove from heat and let sit for 2 minutes then add essential oils and stir.
- If you want to add color, add a pinch of colored mineral makeup - like mica powder - until you get your desired color. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into lip balm containers and let cool. I like to use pippettes to make it easier.
Ingredients (for one ball of play-dough; roughly 2 jars)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup salt
1/2 tbsp cream of tartar
1/2 tbsp cooking oil (fractionated coconut oil works too!)
1 tsp powder for color
5-10 drops of essential oils (try wild orange, lavender, lemon, or any of our blends like Adaptiv, Serenity, and Balance)
- The first thing to do is cook your dough - yes cook it! It only takes 3 minutes.
- Mix all of your ingredients in a saucepan. Put over a low heat and cook until it all clumps together into a ball.
- Plop it onto your workstation (a cutting board will do) and knead the dough for a good minute.
- While it's still warm, get ready to add your color! I like using a dry powder like mica powder that is all natural. You can make one big batch of dough, break it up into individual balls, sprinkle each with a different color and you're done!
- Your homemade play-dough will last around 4 weeks in an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge and double that! Honestly, I've kept mine longer.
- Have a look around the spice section of your store - you might find natural foods that produce even more colors!
My mom was a an "Avon dealer" when I was a kid and boy did I love that when it came to Christmas! My stocking was always full of tiny containers of perfume. My favorite was a solid perfume in a cute little container - it was Soft Musk. Now I make my own!
2 Tbsp beeswax
2 Tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)
20 drops of your favorite doTERRA essential oil or blend (try Adaptiv, Serenity, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla, Lavender)
- Add beeswax and FCO to glass jar or ceramic container
- Fill a large saucepan with a few inches of water - like a double boiler
- Stir ingredients (minus the essential oils) until combined - about 5-10 minutes
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 2 minutes
- Add essential oil and stir
- Pour into containers
To use, apply small amount to skin.
Note: Pour perfume into an empty locket or metal container for easy on-the-go access.
This is a blog entry.
When in Edit mode and viewing any blog entry, you can simply click on the title or this content to edit it.
An editor window will display where you can change the text color, font, size, etc.
The editor makes it easy to add photos (your own or images from our stock library), embed videos, and much more!
doTERRA Gift Ideas
Not into making your own gifts? doTERRA has you covered! Here are my favorite gifts that you can buy directly from doTERRA for the Holidays 2021:
Adaptiv Beard Oil. Benefiting all types of facial hair and hydrating to the skin, Adaptiv®; Beard Oil is crafted with light and fast absorbing Argan, Jojoba, Avocado, and Sunflower oils to keep beards soft and manageable. It's also great for ALL skin! Holiday Baking Set. Do you know a baker in your family? Wherever and whenever people gather to celebrate, it’s cookie time! This time of year, cooks around the world are especially busy in the kitchen baking cookies to share with family and friends. With the Baking Spice Cuisine Blend as the secret ingredient, everyone will love their treats! Nighttime Restful Body Oil. Give this gift to help your friends and family relax and unwind after a long day. This soothing blend provides a lightweight, non-greasy, and hydrating skin experience. Sol Nº 3™ Hand Lotion.
Moisturizing and nourishing, Sol Nº 3 Hand Lotion is infused with the captivatingly sweet, citrusy, floral aroma of Sol Nº 3. Formulated with conditioning emollients and natural botanical extracts, this light, velvety-smooth lotion keeps skin soft, hydrated, and smelling beautiful. This non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and provides optimal moisture for healthy-looking hands. Rich and creamy, Sol Nº 3 Hand Lotion comes in a convenient tube, perfect for purse or travel.
Sol Nº 3™ Personal Aroma.
Inspired by the magic and allure of Brazil, Sol Nº 3™ Personal Aroma takes you on a romantic journey filled with sun-kissed days and warm summer breezes. Sweet tropical citrus and fragrant exotic flowers create a fresh and vibrant aroma, like no other. CPTG® Mandarin, Sandalwood, and Davana essential oils and Vanilla absolute highlight this captivating blend. Sol Nº 3 comes in a beautiful spray bottle, perfect for you or that special someone on your gift list.
Please remember that these are powerful oils and supplements and shouldn’t be used without checking directions on how to use these safely. Always consult with your doctor if you are unsure or you are taking medication. The information in this blog is intended for education purposes only, the statements have not been evaluated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or Theraputic Good Association (TGA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a medical practitioner. These suggested uses applu only to certified Pure Theraputic Grade (CPTG) Doterra Essential Oils.